Strengethening Communities for Over 30 Years....
2015 Achievements & Milestones
Neighborhood Housing Services of Los Angeles County (NHS) and its affiliates, NHS Neighborhood Redevelopment Corporation and NHS Neighborhood Lending Services, touched the lives of over a million households as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) during the fiscal year.
We are proud to have achieved the following:
- Reinvested $261.9 million into Los Angeles County neighborhoods by facilitating loans of more than $70.5 million to local residents to improve housing conditions, create homeownership opportunities and prevent foreclosure. We reinvested $13.77 million through real estate services and preserved nearly $140.4 million in property values.
- Assisted 1,281 families keep their homes and prevent foreclosure through aggressive foreclosure prevention fairs, clinics, workshops and other NHS programs.
- Helped 306 families become homeowners through direct loans, brokering activities and financial education classes;
- Educated and counseled 2,597 families regarding homeownership purchase, budgeting, credit repair, home maintenance, and insurance education;
- Completed 61 home inspections, 39 work write-ups, monitored construction of 31 jobs, and completed rehabilitation for 41 homes that help green and sustain our communities;
- Represented 58 low and moderate income buyers with an average of $304,000 in buying power, and closed 29 real estate transactions (acquisitions and homebuyer purchases).
- Coordinated 725 volunteers, who provided over 7,250 service hours to the community.
Neighborhood Housing Services of Los Angeles County (NHS) has continued to help families maintain homeownership; assisting families families become homeowners thus stabilizing and revitalizing neighborhoods. We received over 67,919 calls, averaging over 261 calls per business day regarding homeownership and other program related services.